An amazing comfort food that your whole family will love is Zucchini and Ricotta With Pasta. This is a dish that my grandpa, Bill Gnazzo, loved to make, and that my dad also loves to make, and it’s a dish that anyone of any age can make.
My grandpa would make this meal, and now on dedicated events like birthdays or small holidays my dad will make it for my family.
The ingredients needed to make this meal are already in your kitchen.
For this dish you will need:
· ½ olive oil,
· 4 tablespoons of sweet unsalted butter
· 2 gloves of garlic (minced)
· ¼ cups of chopped fresh Italian parsley
· 1 tablespoon of salt
· ¼ tablespoon of pepper
· One cup of ricotta
· ½ cup parmesan(grated)
· 3 cups of zucchini (¾ cubes)
· 1 pound of pasta
1. Grandpa would say the first step to this incredible meal is to “sauté zucchini in oil and butter until crisp but tender.
2. After sauteing your zucchini in butter and oil, he would add garlic, parsley, salt and pepper and then simmer briefly.
3. The last step is to this quick and easy meal is to add the above to hot cooked pasta. Toss, along with ricotta and parmesan and then serve.
If you do not like zucchini, another way you can serve this meal is substituting the Zucchini with tomatoes, and since a lot of people are not very fond of zucchini, he would make two different servings for whoever did not want zucchini.
Some sides that go very well with this dish is a simple Ceasar salad with your vegetable of choice, as well as a slice of a baguette
This meal that Grandpa Gnazzo made then, and that his son and now his grandchildren do, is versatile and because all these ingredients can be found in your kitchen, is an extremely easy and tasty meal that your family and friends will love and make themselves.